Monday, December 13, 2010

Technological Slave

Hello world...

I have been noticing more and more that I am a slave to technology. I know you're thinking but Mr. Delivery Boy this is a DELIVERY blog not some weird techno mumbo jumbo blog. You are correct sir, but just as with everything else in life I can apply technology to it in some way or fashion. I have to say I love my iPhone and I love mac products. I just think they are better in the sense that mac puts out a finished product. They don't really allow to much tweeking of the computer but have it programed to run super efficiently on its own. Now with windows products and pcs they are awesome for gaming and the like because you can tweek the hell out of them and get them running the way you want for the one thing your tweeking for at that moment. I am not saying PC is better or Mac is better. They both have their ups and downs... to me and the things I use my tech for I simply prefer Mac.
Now back to my phone... Smart phone have progressed so much since when the cell first became popular and widely used. I know some day my grand kids are going to come up to me and say "Grandpa you remember when cellphones couldn't surf the internet?!" and I'll reply, "I remember before everyone had a cell phone... I remember when everyone didn't have the internet and if they did it made funny noises and tied up the phone line!" Now my grand kids will probably go on about how I am just a stupid old man and phones never had wires constantly attached. Now with this new tech, I must say it ceases to amaze me. Where ever I go... I have maps, phone, music, HD video player/recorder,  all in one tiny device that fits in my damn pocket... and I wear tight pants!
Now on the the Deliver portion. I use my phone and iPod a lot in my car. I have an FM transmitter in my car so I can listen to both and charge both since I do not have an aux input in my car as of yet. Now for the delivery I noticed yesterday that I made a lot more than the other drivers that were there. I had less hours and more run/tips... how does this work out? (I also haven't drove in Lawton more than a month) I attribute a lot of it as I actually know how to bust my ass while I am at work and know how to treat a customer. But at the same time I have one up on all of them... None of them use a phone, and only two other people I know of use GPS. The rest use an in map store and get lost. At least that's what they tell me and the managers. Now I still get lost and GPS isn't a fail safe, but why did I get way more tips and way more deliveries in? I dunno only that tootsie pops owl will know. ... greed owl bastard...
Now also what brought up the topic of tech... is because I noticed I have trouble with out it... well not trouble it just seems like an unnecessary inconvenience compared to having the tech and using it well. (I also notice drivers with kick ass smart phones that rival mine but they never use them correctly maybe its just ignorance...)
One thing I DO know is that the one guy that sat in his car talking on his phone, on the clock, still on a run making $2.50 less than he would clocking in and sitting there... is not a good move... especially since I made three runs in that time... dummy... thanks for the money...

Now kids use your tech right and it will be kind to you and so will I if not...
Shut up and give me my damn tip...
-A Delivery Boy
Tips: $43
Hours: 4
Music: Punk'n'Ska playlist... how I have missed you so...

1 comment: